[cisco-voip] how to do a config loopback

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 10:06:00 EDT 2006

James,

To my knowledge to can not remotely test for hardware problems using only
software.

You can however use a hardware loopback plug to test the router/CSU.

You will need to have someone connect a T1 loopback cable to your CSU and
reconfigure that controller as a channel group, configure HDLC, configure an
IP address on the interface and then run various ping tests.  All of this is
detailed in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/hard_loopback.html

Justin