[cisco-voip] OS service release

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:41:21 EST 2006

I dont think there is any particular patch level with UNITY.. you can get
the latest recommended MS patches from CCO but its just a zip file with all
teh individual updates. You could possibly use a third party tool like
hfnetchk or MS's baseline patch tool (MBSA I _think_) to analyze what
patches you need to install.

CER uses the same OS as callmanager.. my install just has the same version
tool so its easy to check what patch level is running. I usually just update
the SRs for it at the same time we patch callmanager's OS.

Ed

On 2/1/06, Jafar T <jafar at paris.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> how do you find out the OS service release on a CER server, and UNITY,
> is there a tool similar to the OS version tool in the CCM,
>
> the add remove programs, and the property option on my computer is
> confusing, I just need the name off of these two servers such as what I find
> in the OS version option in the startup menu of the ccm: example
> 2000-2-5sr5 ...etc
>

> thx
>
> --

Ed Leatherman
IP Telephony Coordinator
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations