[cisco-voip] CME transcoding issue

Chris D'amore CDAmore at jackhenry.com
Tue Feb 14 16:15:29 EST 2006

I have two 2811 routers running CME version 3.4. I can't get transcoding
to work between the two CME routers. When I call the Unity Express pilot
number on CME router 2 from CME router 1, I get a fast busy. If I set
the dial-peer to use G.711, it works fine. Below is the transcoding
related configuration from the two routers. Any help you can give me
would be much appreciated.

CMR router 1:

voice-card 0
no dspfarm
dsp services dspfarm

dspfarm profile 1 transcode
codec g711ulaw
codec g711alaw
codec g729ar8
codec g729abr8
codec gsmfr
codec g729r8
codec g729br8
maximum sessions 12
associate application SCCP

telephony-service
load 7960-7940 P00307020200
load 7914 S00104000100
load 7905 CP7905060000SCCP050124A
load 7936 cmterm_7936.3-3-5-0
load 7912 CP7912060000SCCP050124A
max-ephones 20
max-dn 100
ip source-address 10.10.1.250 port 2000
sdspfarm units 1
sdspfarm transcode sessions 16
sdspfarm tag 1 mac0015.f98e.01

CME router 2:

voice-card 0
no dspfarm
dsp services dspfarm

dspfarm profile 1 transcode
codec g711ulaw
codec g711alaw
codec g729ar8
codec g729abr8
codec gsmfr
codec g729r8
codec g729br8
maximum sessions 12
associate application SCCP

telephony-service
load 7960-7940 P00307020200
load 7914 S00104000100
load 7912 CP7912060000SCCP050124A
max-ephones 20
max-dn 100
ip source-address 10.10.2.250 port 2000
sdspfarm units 1
sdspfarm transcode sessions 16
sdspfarm tag 1 mac0015.fa2f.75

I have just added the following commands to my configuration:
sccp local FastEthernet 0/0.2
sccp ccm 10.10.1.250 identifier 1
sccp
sccp ccm group 1

When I do a "show sccp all", I see the following:
Transcoding Operational State: Down - Cause Code: NOT_ACCOC_TO_CCM_GROUP

Active Call Manager: NONE
TCP Link Status: NOT_CONNECTED, Profile Indentifier:1

In my running configuration I have the following sccp related commands:
sccp local FastEthernet 0/0.2
sccp ccm 10.10.1.250 identifier 1
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 1
associate ccm 1 priority 1

10.10.1.250 is the IP address for CME on this router. Fast Ethernet
0/0.2 is the sub-interface the above address is assigned to.

What is causing the Transcoding Operational State to be Down?
Thank you for all of your help!
Chris