[cisco-voip] Accessing CCMAdmin via Firefox on Linux?

Andy Carse andy at carse.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 15:25:46 EDT 2006

Agreed not the most streamlined system taken from Mozilla site
<snip>
There is no possibility to support Linux directly since IE itself
doesn't support Linux.
wine cannot be used since Firefox plug-in is NOT platform independent,
and Linux plugins are totally different from Windows ones.
However, it's possible to execute Win32 version of Firefox on Linux with
wine,
and install IE 6 with winetools.
Then, You can install IE Tab in win32 version of Firefox on Linux.
Ironically, the
performance of win32 Firefox on wine is even better than the natvie X11
version.
<snip>

Rgds