[cisco-voip] VWIC-2MFT-T1 on 2821 for PSTN support

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Wed Oct 11 12:01:00 EDT 2006

Not if all 4 T1s are clocking line. The ISR DSPs and backplane can only
have a single clock source (show network clocks). Different carriers
have different clocks. You could put the second set of T1s on a NM-HDV
and it seperates the DSPs from the backplane clocking.

If the second provider lets you send them clocking (clock source
internal) it would work. They would have to clock from you, I doubt they
will support this.

Clocking problems show up in modem/fax/credit card communication with
slip/errored seconds failures.  If it was voice calls only then the
clocking problems might not be noticeable.