[cisco-voip] Fax Server

Turpin, Mark mark.turpin at Calence.com
Wed Oct 11 12:56:02 EDT 2006

The second port is a voice t1 (pri) port right?  If so, yes you can use
MGCP, you're going to be the telco in this scenario.  Your calls coming
from the PSTN will hit your router and then you will have a route
pattern pointing it back out the second PRI to the Brooktrout.  I got it
to work with 4ESS and Network emulation (you'll see this in your router
and CCM gateway configuration).  I think the 8 in the part number means
8 channels licensed, but you can ignore that.  You can setup a full T1
(d channel on 23) and be fine.

Just make sure you're setup to do g.711 & pass-through, your life will
be much easier when it comes time to troubleshoot.

Lastly, Ethernet is still an option for you.  The h.323 portion only
applies to the Brooktrout portion of the call leg.  You can still have
your PSTN facing PRI controlled by MGCP.

hope this helps,
Mark

________________________________

From: Gary L. Pate [mailto:gpate at kenttech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:47 AM
To: Turpin, Mark; cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] Fax Server

I have a Brooktrout TR1034-P8H-T1-1N card, and my PRI currently connects
to my router which is MGCP back to CCM.. All fax numbers and regular DID
numbers come through that PRI, so I will not have a PRI plugging into
the T1 interface on the Brooktrout. I was hoping to use the Ethernet
port on the Brooktrout card, but it looks like I may have to convert to
H.323 if I go that route using option 1. I was hoping to use option 3,
but I'm not sure about the signaling piece of it. Can I connect the
Brooktrout card T1 to the second port on the router module and still use
MGCP?