[cisco-voip] IPCC Express / CRS - Version Info ?

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 13:20:19 EDT 2006

Can anyone enlighten me "very high level, not the details" on the
differences or reasons for the 4.0(x) vs. 4.5(x) versions?

Release notes say about the same thing.  The software / hardware
compatibility guide is about the same too.  I thought the 4.5 might be
geared for CM 5.0 and the whole linux platform shift or something.  But the
guide lists the same 2000 OS so I am just not sure.

I am in the process of trying to setup our IPCC Express Premium servers,
which came with 4.0(3) "yes they have been sitting in boxes since January".
Seems like every time I think I know what to install I learn about something
new.  First it was that 4.0(4) was out so I order the upgrade kit for that.
Then I hear 4.0(5) is suppose to be out next month from TAC.

Then I run into this 4.5(1) and (2)

I don't want to delay rolling this out any longer, but having a heck of a
time deciding what to do with these many different releases.