[cisco-voip] IPCC Express / CRS - Version Info ?

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Sun Oct 15 18:11:35 EDT 2006

summary:
at a 5000 foot level:

- CRS 4.5 is only for the CCM 5.0 train. It does not support with any
of the Windows based CCM's.
- CRS 4.5  has some differences:
    * No HA
    * Single node only, no expansion servers for Historical Reporting
or Recording/Monitoring
    * BARS server must be run directly on the CRS node.
    * The repository has been moved from LDAP to an MSDE database
(since no LDAP with Linux CCM).
    * Customers with entitlement can order an upgrade, but the
upgrade process is a complete reinstall. There is no migration from a
3.x or 4.0 release. New install and the call center scripts must be
loaded into the 4.5 editor and converted.
    * The 4.5 is Windows based and runs on the MCS operating system
(just like other CRS releases) and is NOT LINUX based.

So, HA will be introduced in the next major release and there will be
two code bases until the next major release after that which will
unify the CCM support.

Bottom line, only reason to use 4.5 is for CCM 5.0 support. Customers
who are on 3.x CCM releases will need to use CRS 3.1 release.
Customers on CCM 4.x releases can use either 3.5 or 4.0 depending on
what release they are on.  Check this for version of CCM to CRS:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/
crscomtx.pdf

/Wes