[cisco-voip] Gatekeeper with PSTN Control

Alan Su cj.alan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 02:26:51 EDT 2006

Dear All,

I have a IOS voice gateway connect with legacy PBX, I was wondering if I can
implement a gatekeeper which can control the PSTN calls?
for example: if user dial 9-1234567, gatekeeper will know it's a local PSTN
call and direct it to the local gateway trunk to PBX. if user dial
9-111-1234567, gatekeeper will know it's a long distance call and direct it
to remote voice gateway (located in area 111) trunk to PBX for this PSTN
call.

Any comment will be grateful, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Alan