[cisco-voip] IPCC Express Premium 4.0(3) Dual Server Setup Questions?

Tech Guy techguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 15:28:02 EDT 2006

OK so I am venturing into new waters for me personally and trying to setup
IPCC Express.  I have some basic experience with IPCC express from my last
job.  I did not set it up there but I did have to learn the basics and admin
it to some extent.

Anyway, new job and well they just so happen to have purchased IPCC Express
Premium back in Jan.  The two servers (7835H) have been sitting boxed up in
storage the whole time.

I am in the process of installing and setting things up now for testing /
demo to see how we will utilize it.  I have downloaded and read just about
all of the documentation but I am still unsure of a few things.

Documentation is never geared to ones exact environment or setup of course,
not to mention its not always the best or most practical real world
information.

So, I want to bounce questions / concerns off the group so that I can feel
better that I am understanding and following things correctly, and to also
get any feedback on how others might have done things.

Here is where I am in the install process.  I have installed OS and IPCC
express / SQL (NOT MSDE since this is premium) on both servers.  I have
rebooted and went through the cluster setup as well.

I am now doing the server setup on IPCC1 server.  The reason for the
questions is because of the difference in the way the "active and standby"
is handled for IPCC over that of CallManager.  So, I am at the component
activation part of the server setup for what I would call the primary
server.

All services are licensed, but only one is currently activated "CRS Node
Manager".    It is my understanding / assumption that I would activate all
of the services I am licensed for.  With only two servers you don't run some
services on one server and some on the other right?  In IPCC you only really
have one server running and doing everything right?  The standby is just
that, a standby correct?

More to come I am sure but for now I just need to get through this part.
:-)  Thanks in advance for everyones help and guidance.