[cisco-voip] Evaluating CCM 5.0

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Tue Oct 17 11:42:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 09:52:29AM -0500, Craig M Staffin wrote:
> well the cisco guys will not tell you but if you would happen to do an
> upgrade of a 4.x system to 5 and just happen to have alot of phones
> configured it will generate a license for you

Actually this is well documented behavior. I just wanted to avoid the
tedious steps of installing 4.1 on that machine, DMAing it, fixing all
the leftover problems (downgraded BIOS and RAID firmware) and reinstall
5.0 with the upgrade option, provided there is a way to get an eval
license for a couple of days. But hey, be it this way - 4.1 install is
running again.

Thanks for all the answers,
Andre.
--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-