[cisco-voip] JTAPI Call Control Group Configuration - IPCC Express

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:37:50 EDT 2006

I'm pretty sure it puts 20 in there because you are using high availability.
20 are used, and 20 are for failover purposes on the other server (could be
wrong, i'm sure someone around here knows for sure :] )

On 10/18/06, Tech Guy <techguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I got another one for you all.  So I created my JTAPI call control
> group.  For number of CTI ports I used "20",  starting directory number
> "2600" and the device name prefix "CTIP".
>
> It created the group and then displayed the list of CTI ports created.
> The question is why did it create 40 ports when I told it 20?
>
> My list of CTI Ports displayed are as follows:
>
> CTIP_2600,CTIP_2601,CTIP_2602,CTIP_2603,CTIP_2604,
> CTIP_2605,CTIP_2606,CTIP_2607,CTIP_2608,CTIP_2609,
> CTIP_2610,CTIP_2611,CTIP_2612,CTIP_2613,CTIP_2614,
> CTIP_2615,CTIP_2616,CTIP_2617,CTIP_2618,CTIP_2619,
> CTIP_2620,CTIP_2621,CTIP_2622,CTIP_2623,CTIP_2624,
> CTIP_2625,CTIP_2626,CTIP_2627,CTIP_2628,CTIP_2629,
> CTIP_2630,CTIP_2631,CTIP_2632,CTIP_2633,CTIP_2634,
> CTIP_2635,CTIP_2636,CTIP_2637,CTIP_2638,CTIP_2639,
>

> I just don't get it?  Am I just not understanding something or did it
> simply not work correctly?
>
> I must admit I also thought this was creating route points in callmanager,
> I guess I just thought "cti route ports and cti route points" were the same
> for some reason.
>
> Guess I am still not sure how Callmanager knows to send an extension IPCC
> but I am sure I will come to that soon enough.
>
> Any thoughts on why 40 ports got created despite the number of CTI ports
> being set to 20?
>
> Thanks!
>

> On 10/18/06, Ryan Ratliff <rratliff at cisco.com> wrote:
> >
> > Correct.  The CTI ports are used by IPCC to terminate media for
> > playing prompts to callers, etc.
> >
> > -Ryan
> >
> > On Oct 17, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Tech Guy wrote:
> >
> > The directory numbers used for the CTI Ports within the JTAPI call
> > control group are different and seperate from those of your agents
> > right?
> >
> > These numbers will only be used by CallManager and IPCC for
> > communication, no one would actually call these extensions or
> > anything right?
> >
> > For example, I have 20 agents (IT stafff/helpdesk) each of them will
> > have an extension setup seperate from their personal DID they already
> > have.  This will be the extension utilized for the IPCC side of things.
> >
> > Ideally I will be setting up a primary ext. that will be the helpdesk
> > number.  People will call it and it will prompt them to enter in say
> > 1 for this, and 2 that.  I will assign agents to resource groups and
> > skills, the groups and skills will be in a service queue right.  And
> > then the queue will basically be what the "press 1 or 2" thing will
> > send them to.  This is very high level I know, but in essence that is
> > the idea right?
> >
> > So, the CTI ports directory numbers are totally seperate from the
> > agents numbers and the helpdesk number correct?

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations