[cisco-voip] DTMF failing

Hinson, Greg Greg_Hinson at adp.com
Mon Oct 23 10:27:50 EDT 2006

Thanks for the reply Wes. You're thinking that maybe ViaTalk is
providing an in-band version of DTMF that isn't RFC2833? Makes sense. My
ip phone doesn't actually generate a "DTMF" tone when digits are dialed,
so if they are expecting a form of in-band you mentioned below, this
probably won't work. I was thinking a possible workaround is registering
an ATA to CME and having some analog phones hang off of the ATA. With
that in place, I could make the same call, rely on my analog phone to
create an "in-band dtmf" which may work in this scenario?

-Greg