[cisco-voip] Call reversion on CFNA to first party's Voicemail -> Any way around

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Oct 23 20:22:17 EDT 2006

CallManager will always preserve PartyA as the original called party
number and attempt to route to that user's voicemailbox.  There are a
few ways to override that with CTI such as a custom script or Attendant
Console Pilot Point, but that does not scale very well.

To avoi the toll charges you could have CM send the call to itself as an
h.323 call.  Define the local CM as an h323 gateway.  Configure the
forward destination/css to a route parttern/partition that points to
that h323 device.  the call will virtually loop on the network.  You may
be able to get to the desired mailbox with the 'redirecting party'
configuration, but if not, disable all redireting IE delivery
inbound/outbound.

/Wes