[cisco-voip] 4.2 vs. 5.1

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Oct 24 09:11:15 EDT 2006

The features from 4.2 and 5.x will not synch up until 6.0.

-Ryan

On Oct 24, 2006, at 9:07 AM, Andre Beck wrote:

Hi,

evaluating 5.0 I found it finally has one of the two features we were
calling for at least for three years: busy lamps coupled to speed dials.
The other thing we desperately long for is Login/Out to Hunt (Line)
Groups,
which is supposedly in 4.2. The newest kid on the block is 5.1, which
does
have BFL-SDs from 5.0, but doesn't seem to have Hunt Login.

Please tell me the latter isn't true, as our local hack to simulate
login
to line groups (Ext Mob with a second line) is crappy WRT busy
feedback to
callers who happen to call the primary line while we already talk on the
secondary one. I've tried to solve the problem with partitions and
CSS but
the way CCM does static digit analysis since 4.0 breaks this, either
(having
the same number in two different partitions allows for the line group
to only
route to one of them, but you cannot define a CSS that always reaches
the DN,
as either sequence of partitions will busy out on those DNs that
happen to
be inactive in the first one).

Argh.

--
                   The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-