[cisco-voip] IPv6 on CallManager, Unity, UCCX, Voice Gateways, phones...

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 13:03:29 EDT 2006

I have been asked to do an IPv6 readiness assessment for our network (it is
for the US Government and there is a mandate from the OMB to be running IPv6
on all network devices by June, 2008).

While all of our Cisco infrastructure is IPv6-ready (routers and switches),
I can find no information on the IP Telephony environment.

Currently, we are running CallManager 4.1(3)sr3c, Unity 4.0(5) and
UCCX 4.0(4)...
our phones are running 8.0(3) firmware...

What are Cisco's plans to implement IPv6 for their IP Telephony offerings?
When are they planning to do it?

Cisco's website makes almost no mention of IPv6 and CallManager, Unity and
UCCX...

Jonathan