[cisco-voip] Emulating the PSTN

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 20:09:52 EDT 2006

You can use a router as a ISDN network side connection and make T1 crossover
cables so you can network 2 or more routers.  For my ccie lab I used a
router with two VWIC-MFT-T1 cards and a VWIC-MFT-E1 card.  I then used
various other routers with VWICs for the ISDN user side.  This has the added
benefit of making you configure the call routing on the network switch.

If you have access to non-production cisco gear this is a good way to go.

On 10/25/06, Robert Kulagowski <bob at smalltime.com> wrote:

> For testing purposes in our lab, I'd like to get something that will
> pretend to be the PSTN.  It should generate at least 2 PRIs, 4 would be
> better.  BRI and POTS is a bonus.  Getting PRIs from MaBell takes about
> 4 weeks, plus the MRC, so...
>
> I'm pretty sure that Adtran will make something like this:  what are
> folks in the field using?

kris seraphine