[cisco-voip] Updating e164Mask (was: Lines in UpdatePhone)

Nathan Reeves nathan.a.reeves at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 09:12:14 EDT 2006

I recently had to do the same and like you found the UpdatePhone
command was the one that could complete the task.  That said, I never
really managed to get this working properly.  Not saying that
UpdatePhone was broken, just that I didn't have the time to run
through and write up a script to run the command.  The biggest pain
was having to call up the current phone settings and then using the
details, re-create the XML to pass to UpdatePhone to update the
E164Mask.  I'm not sure cisco could have made it any harder to make a
somewhat simple change.

In the end I just ended up doing searches via AXL for each Line UUID,
and then constructed SQL strings to update the E164Mask which I
executed in Query Analyser on the Pub.  I initially tried to use the
ExecuteSQL command to run the SQL update command, but found pretty
quickly that the ExecuteSQL is only built for select queries and not
Update Queries.  A new AXL command has apparently been added to 5.0
which allows for update SQL to be executed against the DB.  This isn't
available in 4.X AFAIK.

I'm not sure this helps you much, but you should be able to execute
SQL in Query Analyser to update the mask.  Usual caveats apply if
you're touching the DB; make sure you have a backup, and try the
commands out in a lab env. beforehand etc.

Cheers

Nathan