[cisco-voip] Caller-id name

Robert Singleton rsingleton at novateck.com
Mon Oct 30 16:38:47 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 13:59 -0500, Wes Sisk wrote:
> cname over isnd pri is discussed in primary-ni version 3
> specifification.  it's very similar to name encoding in qsig.
> GR-1367-CORE
> SR-4994
>
> CM will not receive/decode this over h323 interface.

How about CallerID number only?

I am using 2811's with VIC2-4FXO cards, running C2800NM-IPVOICE-M),
Version 12.3(14)T7. There are configuration parameters for CallerID
reception, such as:

msc21-gw(config-voiceport)#caller-id alerting ring ?
  <1-4>  number of ring on cycles

and

msc21-gw(config-voiceport)#caller-id enable type ?
  1  type 1 (caller id before connect)
  2  type 2 (caller id after connect)

but no combination seems to affect it.

I heard a nasty rumor that in order to get CallerID information from any
non-PRI PSTN that you must have very specific hardware supported by very
specific software loads.

Any thoughts?

Robert