[cisco-voip] Software to view phone status

Jim McBurnett jim at tgasolutions.com
Tue Oct 31 08:19:39 EST 2006

Look up berbee....

They have an IP for this..

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of May, Simon
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:07 AM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net; grhodes at rbh.com
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Software to view phone status

We have a requirement for the same thing, especially with supervisors of certain groups.

To get around it as a temporary measure, I have installed the Attendant console on those machines, just not assigned it to anything.  The software still works fine after clicking OK to the first error message.

In CCM 5.0+ there is the presence server that can give this information out, however in 4.1+ there isn't anything that will do it natively.

We contacted a partner of voiptrainer (www.voiptrainer.com) in the UK, who quoted £2000 ($4000) to develop an application that would not only show the presence information but also allow you do double click on the extension/name and make the call from the desktop.  We are still investigating this.

Voiptrainer is created by a company called 4What Interactive (www.4what.com), who, I'm sure would be able to do something similar.

Hope this helps.

Simon May
Simon.may at ihs.com