[cisco-voip] Upgrade Server

Mike Lay (milay) milay at cisco.com
Tue Oct 31 22:14:08 EST 2006

Windows can not address more than 2G of RAM for applications without
making changes to the boot.ini file. You will need to add a statement to
this file, /3GB. If you do not add this you are just wasting your money.

Also you will need to increase your paging file size & modify the
Startup & Recovery options in windows to allow a complete memory dump.
If these adjustments are not made if the server generates a memory.dmp
file it will be truncated & will be of no use in determining the cause
of the failure that generated the memory dump.

Note: Only 3G of RAM can be addressed by applications. You can upgrade
to 4G but it will only be addressed by the system process, but only
after the initial 3G is consumed.

Mike