[cisco-voip] 7911 - better or worse?

Matt Slaga (US) Matt.Slaga at us.didata.com
Mon May 7 15:57:38 EDT 2007

I've deployed these for several customers (along with the 7905s, 7912s
and 7910s in the old days) who thought they would save a few bucks by
giving the general population cheap phones to save a few bucks.

"Excuse me, but I need to remove your Avaya with the nice big display
and change it out with this cheap Cisco phone".   All the customers that
attempted this regretted it after the fact.  End user acceptance was in
the dumps.  "It's a one-way speakerphone" or "why the heck is the hold
button a big red stop sign?" or "I don't have voicemail, why can't you
get rid of that messages softkey?" or many other wonderful comments.