[cisco-voip] CSS precedence

Fred Nielsen fwn at feasible.net
Mon May 7 22:09:09 EDT 2007

concatenated CSS is line + device.  Partitions in the line CSS are ordered
above the device CSS, but this is only considered if you have an exact
match.  In other words, only when your dialed string matches two identical
patterns is the partition order itself really taken into account.

I suspect what is happening for you is that whatever you are dialing is
matching a more specific pattern within the partitions listed in the device
CSS, thereby bypassing a more widely matched pattern that you are hoping to
match on the line CSS.

Let us know if this makes some sense.

-Fred Nielsen