[cisco-voip] DialPeer redundancy voip/pots with RSVP on the network

embeleco embeleco at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:15:24 EDT 2007

Hi.

Currently I have an RSVP enable network that is running VoIP. On the VoIP
router I have 2 dialpeers one pointing to the VoIP network and the other to
the POTS (T1/PRI) with the same destination-pattern and using a preference
of 2 on pots dialpeer. On the VoIP dialpeer I have the req-qos controlled
load and the acc-qos in order to make the call using RSVP reservation for
QoS.

My question: If for some reason the VoIP network can't be use because of
RSVP lack of bandwidth end-to-end.. does the VoIP router scan the next
dial-peer (i.e. the POTS dialpeer)?? Or it will stop on the voip dialpeer.

Thanks in advanced,
-JJ