[cisco-voip] Would you upgrade from 4.2.3 to 5.xx?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:02:10 EDT 2007

I can tell you one thing I am looking forward to with the new platform OS -
installing an upgrade on a separate partition and  being able to reboot back
to the old version if something doesn't work.

On 5/14/07, Axel Wilzinski <axe7961 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> A little background:  We installed 4.2.3 about 8 months ago as part of a
> pilot program and have a several sites for a total of about 80-90 phones.
> We will be adding our main site with approximately 400 users within the next
> 12 months.  We have one Call Manager Cluster that is sized for all of this
> along with a Unity server.
>
> Should we upgrade to the latest 5.X version and consider using SIP?  Is
> the upgrade a painful process and is there any long term benefit?  I am a
> little concerned about staying on the Windows platform and the proprietary
> SCCP protocol.  At the same time, I'm concerned about the reliability of
> 5.X and the learning curve.
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations