[cisco-voip] ccm-mananger config - getting along without it

Fred Nielsen fwn at feasible.net
Mon May 14 23:44:51 EDT 2007

I realize this is not all the information you are looking for... but I never
use that command - even during initial configuration.  I do not like the
some of the changes it tends to apply to router configs, I prefer to be more
explicit and know what I am configuring.  The only caveat I do not like is
that to reset an ISDN interface (truly, meaning drop the D-channel and
reestablish) you have to either "no mgcp" the router or shut/unshut the
interface.  When you have the ccm-manager config command in you can do this
via Reset from CM.

On the flip side, there are a number of customers who benefit from this
approach (i.e. telecom admins who want nothing to do with IOS)... but being
an IOS guy I still dislike it.

-Fred Nielsen