[cisco-voip] Re-enabled NIC on the Call Manager Has Prevented Access to the System - Please Help!

Miller, Steve MillerS at DicksteinShapiro.COM
Sat May 19 13:15:31 EDT 2007

We have NICs in a Call Manager Subscriber in NY and one had been
disabled for a long time.  I was told by an expert engineer (who
actually was the architect or our system) that all of the settings for
the cards were correct and that there was probably a cable unplugged.
When I got to the site, there was a cable unplugged so I replaced the
cable and then re-enabled the card that corresponded to that port. At
that point, we rec'd errors in the event log that the system could not
communicate with the NTP server and now we cannot connect to the Call
Manager via RDP or by web interface programming.  All calls are being
processed and there seems to be no current user issue, but I need to
know if I should simply disable the connection again and troubleshoot or
if there is something in the teaming NIC card setup that needs to be
changed.  I have never messed with this before and I want to fix it, but
I don't want to interfere with the phone service.  I'm sure that this is
a simple issue, but I don't want a misstep.  Please let me know if you
are familiar with this.  Thank you!

Steve Miller
Telecom Engineer
Dickstein Shapiro LLP
1825 Eye Street NW | Washington, DC 20006
Tel (202) 420-3370 Fax (202)-330-5607
millers at dicksteinshapiro.com <mailto:millers at dicksteinshapiro.com>

This e-mail message and any attached files are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. This communication may contain material protected by attorney-client, work product, or other privileges. If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering this confidential communication to the intended recipient, you have received this communication in error, and any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying, or other distribution of this e-mail message and any attached files is strictly prohibited. Dickstein Shapiro reserves the right to monitor any communication that is created, received, or sent on its network.  If you have received this confidential communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail message and permanently delete the original message.

To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to postmaster at dicksteinshapiro.com

Dickstein Shapiro LLP
http://www.DicksteinShapiro.com