[cisco-voip] SIP trunk calling name restriction

Evi Pekou PEKOU at gr.ibm.com
Wed May 23 07:28:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a CCM 4.1(3) configured with a SIP trunk to a service provider's
Asterisk.
The provider has requested for outgoing calls  not to send calling name
identification at all.
When I configure the "calling name presentation" at SIP trunk
configuration settings as restricted,
the calling name "Anonymous" is sent from CCM to Asterisk instead of
user's name.
Is this parameter configurable? Can I change the "Anonymous" string to
something else or even better leave the calling name blank?

Thanks,
Evi