[cisco-voip] Problem with QSIG connection between Alcatel 4400 and 2811 VGW

Ahmet Can KETEN ahmetcan.keten at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:08:18 EDT 2007

Hello My Friends,

I have a problem about the PRI E1 QSIG connection between my 2811 VGW and
Alcatel 4400 PBX. When the analog phone behind the PBX tries to call to the
ip phone that is located at the remote side where the CCM is there, the
analog phone still gets the continuous dial tone although caller dials the
extension number. During the dialing time there is no dial-tone, there is
silence in a normal way but after dialing the extension, caller starts to
get dial-tone again. I realize that for each extension that caller dials
without on-hook the phone, one b channel is assigned to that call but still
there is dial-tone, there is no ring back tone. After the caller dials the
extension, he or she still gets dial-tone and without on-hook the phone, the
caller dials another extension over the same dial-tone, another bchan is
assigned to that call but still there is no ring back tone and still there
is dial tone. After the specific amount of time, the caller gets the
fast-busy tone in a normal way. When I used sh isdn active command during
the dialing time, I see the call. What I should do? Could you help me?

Thanks,
Canket