[cisco-voip] Ringlist.xml / List.xml on CCME?

keli keli at carocomp.ro
Mon May 28 15:31:35 EDT 2007

It seems, I'm finding things out on my own as well, every time I ask a
question :-)

I did some tftp debugging, and found out a couple of things:
- The phone does not seem to look for the RingList.xml on startup, but
only after you enter into the appropriate menu on the phone
(Settings/User Preferences/Ringtones -> and select a line to change too,
before it will start looking for ringtones )

- it's similar with the "background" image too. First you need to enter
the menu, and try to change it, before the phone asks the TFTP server
for the files.

- *However* List.xml does not go into the TFTP root, but instead into
Desktop/95x34x1/
( #copy tftp://.../List.xml flash:/Desktop/95x34x1/List.xml ) It says so
in the docs, but seems like I missed that detail on the first reading.

Disclaimer: well, actually, on 7911G phones they are not "background
images" as such, only Cisco likes to call them like that. It's that
monochrome black/transparent logo thingie, that appears on the phone in
idle mode. It's a nice touch and really easy to upload the client's logo
there ...

Docs are here, or google "Customizing 7911G": *http://tinyurl.com/36gxtc*

thanks for the ideas,
  Zoltan