[cisco-voip] Redundant CCM options

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:50:06 EST 2008

What is your goal - redundant server, SIP support, or run on a router?

You could run SRST on the router to get some backup incase your call manager
goes south.. not sure how many phones a 2800 would support in SRST mode
though. It's not the same thing as having a real callmanager subscriber
server though.

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:28 PM, David Zhars <dzhars at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have an install with CCM 4.1 series.  I want to install a redundant
> server into a "publisher subscriber" setup.
> I also want more SIP features (I think, lol)
>
> I was thinking of bumping up to the version 6 series box, and leaving Unity
> at 4.  ( I don't think V7 is totally ready yet, is it?)
>
> Can I use one of the "all in one" CCMs (the name and model escape me, but
> it's like a 2801 with CCM and Unity in it) as a "subscriber" to a full
> fledged 6.x?
> A little budget constrained, so just looking at the best possible way to do
> this.
>
> Entire network of just under 100 phones, 5 buildings linked with fiber.

Ed Leatherman
Assistant Director, Voice Services
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations