[cisco-voip] Media Termination Point

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:15:16 EST 2008

I have CCM 4.1.  In another building, connected by fiber, I have a 2801
configured as H.323
In CCM, the checkbox "Media Termination Point Required" was checked (on).
After some work with my VAR, I noticed he turned it off.
What does it do?  The H.323 box seems sort of "self-standing", in that it
has 8 POTS lines coming in to it, so I am not sure how much the
2801 communicates with CCM.

Any ideas?  Why WOULD I have that setting ON?  I am reading through the
Cisco docs, but they are not that clear....

Thanks anyone!