[cisco-voip] Inter Cluster Shared Lines

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 09:11:53 EST 2008

the 40 ms latency requirement only applies to communication between CCM
nodes.   Phones can be further away from the CMs.  Also, with newer versions
of CM the latency requirement can be as high as 80 ms between nodes
depending on the amount of available bandwidth you can dedicate to CM
intercluster traffic and DB replication.

perhaps you can reevalute whether you need two clusters?

have you read the SRND, good place to start for reading about CM design.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/uc7_0.html