[cisco-voip] Connecting to UCCX Database via SQL

Matthew Linsemier mlinsemier at apassurance.com
Tue Nov 18 11:23:46 EST 2008

All,

Under IPCC Express 3.x we utilized the famous callsinqueue.asp application
to push our call center and helpdesk stats to our phones.  Recently we
upgraded to UCCX 7.x we are running into some issues connecting from our web
server to the CRS database via ODBC.

Under 3.x, we had created a user ³stats² using Enterprise Manager which had
db_public and db_readonly to the CRS database.  After reading the
documentation it seems that the CiscoWbUsr or wallboardUser ID has been
created with the same access as our previously created ³stats² ID.  However,
I can not successfully create a ODBC connection using either of the ID¹s.
Per TAC suggestion, I changed the password to the CiscoWbUsr yet it still
didn¹t work.  Note that I also changed the server into mixed authentication
mode so that I could get around the ³trusted connections² SQL requests.
Enterprise Manager is not installed on the server and I can¹t seem to browse
the server from our old CCM 4.1(x) servers using Enterprise Manager there.

Does anyone have a fix to this?  TAC is investigating but I thought I would
throw this out here to see if anyone else has had any luck (that tried).

Matt

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.