[cisco-voip] IPCC 4.0 Is it possible to send a prerecorded message to the called party

Chris Hill chris.hill at swri.org
Tue Nov 18 17:04:47 EST 2008

I have a strange situation.

I was asked to implement a way so that when an alarm contact is opened a
list of numbers is called until someone answers and the person who answers
receives a message that the alarm is setting.

The trigger was accomplished by created a sort of IP ring down circuit,
using a null translation pattern.

The list is accomplished by "Place Call" and Call Consult Transfers" inside
a loop.

The issue I am running into is if it is even possible to send a message to
the numbers that the alarm trigger is calling. In normal IPCC setup
scenarios the caller receives the message whether it be a prompt etc. I am
trying to do it the other way around.

I know I can do this with a broadcasting solution but wanted to see if I can
achieve this with IPCC.

Any thought?

Thank You

Chris Hill