[cisco-voip] 7921 phones and Cisco AP 1242

Truelove_John JTruelove at aetinc.com
Sat Nov 22 10:52:12 EST 2008

I am having a problem with a few on my AP 1242 and the 7921 phones.
2 on my APs will disconnect from the network for many hours. I can't ping, telnet or snmp the APs.
The phones and data network also stops working during that time period.

I have 3 SSIDs being broadcast on all on my APs (2 data and 1 voice VLANs).

It since to happen when the phones are used a lot in those areas.

Has anyone else had issues with APs disconnecting from the network after deploying 7921 phones ?
I can provide config files if that will help.

The strange thing is that they will reconnect back to the network (random time period) with
no events in the logs.

I have updated the code on both the APs and the 7921 phones.

I have an open TAC case but they want me to run a sniffer trace on the network port that
the AP is connected to.  Which I can do but I have no clue as to when the problem happens.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
John Truelove