[cisco-voip] ASA/Voice QoS Question

Andrew Zerger azerger at gunnison.com
Sun Nov 23 13:04:37 EST 2008

I have these interfaces on an ASA and want to make sure my
prioritization is properly applied on the right interfaces,
any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

nameif outside is where the PSTN, Internet and Callmanagers are
nameif voice is pretty self explanatory, vlan 172 is the phones and
vlan 192 is the employee data network

Should I use

priority-queue voice

or

priority queue-outside

or

should I use both?

(The class and policy-maps are defined and packets are being marked,
ef/cs3)

interface Vlan2
  nameif outside
  security-level 0
  ip address XX.XX.XX.XX 255.255.255.248
!
interface Vlan10
  nameif dmz
  security-level 50
  ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Vlan172
  nameif voice
  security-level 90
  ip address 172.16.72.193 255.255.255.192
!
interface Vlan192
  nameif data
  security-level 100
  ip address 192.168.40.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Ethernet0/0
  switchport access vlan 2
!
interface Ethernet0/1
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 172,192
  switchport mode trunk

(Sorry to the list-admin for the duplicate message, I accidentally
clicked reply on my first submission)