[cisco-voip] QoS for 4506 with Sup6-E

Bill Greenwood (US) bill.greenwood at us.didata.com
Tue Nov 25 09:44:01 EST 2008

I am attempting to put together a QoS template for TelePresence for a
customer with core 4506s with Sup6-E.  The Cisco documentation is
unclear as to the necessary configuration.  The 4500 template from the
TelePresence Design Guide does not work on this Supervisor.  If anyone
could help me out with the necessary configuration I would be grateful.

Here is what I have so far:

1.       Enable QoS on switch

a.       qos
qos dbl

2.       Configure Table-map

a.       Table-map cos2dscp
 map from 40 to 46

b.      Policy-map Pol1
 set dscp cos table cos2dscp

3.       Set up TelePresence interface to Trust QoS for CTS

a.       Interface Gx/x
qos trust dscp

4.       Configure Policy

a.       class-map PQ
 match ip dscp ef
match ip dscp cs4

b.      policy-map TP
 class PQ
  priority
 class class-default
  dbl

5.       Apply Policy to interface (ingress/egress TelePresence ports)

a.       interface Gx/y
 service policy output TP

Regards,

Bill Greenwood