[cisco-voip] Intercoms require a button on CUCM 6, but not CCME 4.2?

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Tue Nov 25 12:15:08 EST 2008

Previously, I set up an intercom on a CCME 4.2 system. I simply gave the
intercom an extension, and set it up on all the phones that were to be the
destination as an intercom extension.  Anyone can dial the extension, and
all is good.

I'm looking at doing the same thing on our CUCM 6 cluster, but reading
through the docs, it looks like I need to dedicate a line button on all the
destination devices, and the devices that want to call the intercom.

Is there a way to get the CCME behaviour on CUCM?  Is it just called
something else that I'm missing?

Thanks

Sean

--