[cisco-voip] QoS configuration for environment with 7921 wireless phones

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 20:08:57 EST 2008

Your switchport to your PSTN 2851 and to your CallManagers should be 'mls
qos trust dcsp' and not 'mls qos trust cos'.
trusting COS is trusting layer 2 QoS, which requires a trunk port between
the Switch and the endpoint.  CM 6.1 can not be setup as a trunk, therefore
your switchport to your CM must be 'trust dscp'.    While you could setup a
dot1q trunk between the 2851 and your Switch (to support L2 COS) you should
still set the switchport to trust dscp for ease of management, especially
since your 2851 MQC is marking DSCP.

HTH,

Justin