[cisco-voip] CUCM 7 and linksys spa3102 not registering

Dane Newman dane.newman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 14:04:39 EST 2008

Hello.

This is my first time posting on this list due to me being very new in the
voice area.

I have a linksys spa 3102 that has a single fxo and fxs port built into it.
I connected my analog phone to the fxs port of the device.  I then went to
CUCM 7 and created a new sip basic device added the mac address and a line.
Gave the line number 101 and associated the line with the phone and a user
account.

I then went to the spa 3102 web page admin and under line 1 I added

proxy to be my ip of my cucm
Use Outbound Proxy: No
Register: No
Display name: line1
User ID: *line1*
Password: *the password of the user account created in cucm*
Use Auth ID: *no*
**
*When i pick up the phone I just get a busy signal on the analog line which
means I believe the spa3102 is not registered with the CUCM?  *
**
*I am new in the voice arena and not really sure how to troubleshoot this
would anyone be able to give me an idea?*
**