[cisco-voip] Busy Triggers and Max Calls for CTI ports

Rasim Duric rduric at uoguelph.ca
Thu Sep 4 11:53:08 EDT 2008

In my CCM 4.1(3) and IPCCX 4.0(5) environment CTI ports are being
generated automatically during a new JTAPI Call Control Group creation. By
default, the  Max Calls is set to 4 and Busy Triggers is set to 2 for
these CTI ports. Some Cisco documentation points out that the Busy
Triggers should be set to 1 and Max Calls should be set to 3 or more for
CTI ports. It appears that my CRS applications work OK with the default
settings but I'd like to have a consistent and correct configuration.

Should I modify the Busy Trigger (from 2 to 1) for every CTI port? Thanks.

I do always set the Max Calls to 2 and Busy Triggers to 1 for my ICD
lines.

Rasim Duric

Network Analyst (CCS)

University of Guelph