[cisco-voip] CallerID accross translation patterns

Nikola Stojsin nikola at att.net
Tue Sep 16 17:26:11 EDT 2008

This is what happens -

1) an outside caller, say (123) 456-7890, calls one of the DIDs, say (901)
234-5601;

2) the PRI receives the last four digits of the DID (5601), where it is
picked up by the translation pattern, 56XX-8000, and sent to 8000 (8000
being Unity Opening Greeting handler);

3) in Unity, the caller selects a user extension, say 1234;

4) 1234 user's phone displays the last four digits of the called DID (5601;
i.e "From 5601"), instead of the number of outside caller (123-456-7890).

Hope it is less confusing now.

Now two things are interesting here: if I eliminate Unity out of the
equation - by translating 56XX to an user extension (1234) - the problem
remains, and "From 56XX" is displayed on the user's phone; also, if user
Nikola Stojsin eliminates the gateway out of the equation - by calling one
of the 56XX numbers from the inside (say, 5601), the end user's phone
displays the name of the user, in addition to the 56XX number (that is,
"From Nikola Stojsin (5601)").

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Nikola