[cisco-voip] AS5300 Call Routing

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:16:28 EDT 2009

There would be two primary ways of changing the outbound dial peer
based on an incoming port:
1) Something similar to the solution below, where you prefix digits to
the dialed string inbound, match a different outgoing dial peer, and
strip the digits off there
2) corlists.  Design it so that the incoming dial peer has a corlist
defined that only matches one outgoing dial peer with a matching
corlist.

Given the choice, I'd probably go with 1.  It's easier to
troubleshoot, and has a few less moving parts.  2 is slightly more
graceful and gives you more options, but is confusing.  However, it
would probably scale better.

Since you're just doing this based on port, you're probably fine with
prefixing digits

It would look a something like this:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /#1\1/

voice translation-profile add-1
translate called 1

voice translation-rule 2
rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /#1\1/

voice translation-profile add-2
translate called 2

voice translation-rule 3
rule 1 /#.\(.*\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile strip-prefix
translate called 3

dial-peer voice 1 pots
port 1/0:23
translation-profile incoming add-1

dial-peer voice 2 pots
port 2/0:23
translation-profile incoming add-2

dial-peer voice 11 voip
session target ipv4:1.1.1.1
destination-pattern #1.T
translation-profile outgoing strip-prefix

dial-peer voice 21 voip
session target ipv4:2.2.2.2
destination-pattern #2.T
translation-profile outgoing strip-prefix

All calls that come in on 1/0 have a #1 prefixed, match dial peer 11,
and prefix is stripped.  All calls from 2/0 have a 2# prefixed, match
dial peer 21, and prefix is stripped.

-nick