[cisco-voip] fractional E1on ISDN PRI

Andrew Bergman andrew.bergman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:37:45 EDT 2009

Hi Abebe,

See if you can use the trunk group concept on the E1 itself, within
IOS.  I use this on AS5400's, the commands may work on other
platforms.

For example:

trunk group  tg1
 description Trunk group #1

trunk group tg2
 description Trunk group #2

controller E1 7/2
 framing NO-CRC4
 pri-group timeslots 1-31 nfas_d none nfas_int 10 nfas_group 0
 trunk-group tg1 timeslots 1-10
 trunk-group tg2 timeslots 11-15,17-31

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 trunkgroup tg1
 destination-pattern <whatever>

dial-peer voice 2 pots
 trunkgroup tg2
 destination-pattern <a different whatever>

No port mapping is required within the dial-peer using a trunkgroup,
as the member trunks are defined within the trunk group at the
controller level.

Cheers,
Andrew