[cisco-voip] CCM 4.2(3) - Disable RIP

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Apr 7 14:03:42 EDT 2009

Routing and Remote Services is not used for Terminal Services.

-Ryan

On Apr 7, 2009, at 1:10 PM, Justin Kennedy wrote:

Jason,

I can only assume that Routing and Remote Access was enabled by my
lead that’s a Windows guy so that we can use MS terminal services,
but I’m not certain. I do have a VNC backdoor if this service is
removed. I have to ask this question since it’s a production system.

What other services are removed if Routing and Remote Access is
deleted? Any other possible applications affected? Will IP routing
still work, IE everything goes to the default GW.

I apologize for the questions..they’re out of ignorance.

<image001.jpg>

Justin Kennedy

Stallion Oilfield Services

StaRComm VSAT Administrator