[cisco-voip] Testing New Firmware on a Single Phone

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Wed Apr 8 11:53:55 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I want to try the newest firmware for a 7911.  Am I on the right track
with the following procedure?

We're on CCM 6.1.

I downloaded 2 files:  cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-4-4.cop.sgn and
cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-4-4.cop.  Which do I use?

With the correct file, I go to OS Admin, Software Upgrades > TFTP File
Management.  I browse to the proper file and upload to the root
directory of my pub.

Restart TFTP service.

Go to my test phone in CCM Admin and fill in the Phone Load Name field.
But what name do I put in there?  It won't be the name of the file I
downloaded, I believe.  If I look through the root using TFTP File
Management, I assume I'll find a file named nearly the same as the one I
downloaded, no?  Would that be the proper name to enter on my test
phone?

And finally if I wanted all our 7911 phones to use the new firmware, do
I simply edit Load Information field in Device>Device Settings>Device
Defaults field and then reset all our 7911s?

Any comments appreciated!

Thanks

jeff

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email including attachments is intended for the specific delivery to and use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and includes information which should be considered as private and confidential. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.