[cisco-voip] VM using only exchange 2007

Vogel, Doug Doug.Vogel at analog.com
Wed Apr 8 17:22:50 EDT 2009

We are in the middle of  a production pilot right now - have three clusters talking to Exchange UM.  Doing the same with Nortel PBX's.  Our intent is to consolidate all voice mails to Exchange UM.

We have been running the production pilot for about 8 weeks.

Observations:
*       Our users love it - but they never had the option of voice mail in their email before
*       The Cisco set up was very straight forward
*       The auto attendants feel like a first generation software release but out of the box you can create a speech enabled auto attendant that looks across your entire organization
*       MWI has not been an issue in our environment
*       Enabling non Exchange email users is challenging - at least in our environment.  We have a mixed shop of Linux mail and Exchange email users.