[cisco-voip] IPT Applications

Mike Wilusz mikewilusz at pricechopper.com
Thu Apr 9 14:24:36 EDT 2009

Vinícius,

Application-wise, the platform is very open for development of just about
any type of application you can think of.  Keep in mind in designing though
that the application environment is complete client/server, where the phone
displays and gathers data, then submits that info to web services for the
actual processing.  Some applications I have developed in-house:

1. Survey Application ­ Application is used as a basic survey framework.
Gather info about the user using their phone information and details done
using AXL to CUCM to pre-populate information for completing surveys about
upcoming events.
2. Camera Streaming Application ­ Application utilizes phone push
functionality to push a video feed (essentially refreshed png images) from a
Cisco ISR VSOM module (connected to corporate via 3G WWAN) to an IP phone
handset.  This has been very popular as it allows executives to get a live
view of new construction.
3. Traffic  Cams ­ This is sample app I used that essentially polls a
website for the latest image from local traffic cameras.  This is a great
way for our users to plan their commutes.

There¹s a few others that are currently under development by myself, but
this gives you an idea of how flexible the phone application platform is.
Any questions let me know.

Mike Wilusz, CCNA
Telecommunications & Networking Supervisor
Price Chopper Supermarkets / The Golub Corporation