[cisco-voip] switchport port-security sticky for IP phones

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri Apr 10 16:07:18 EDT 2009

This aligns with my recollection of the issue. It focuses around CDP.
CDP should not be tagged with do1q, this potentially causes the phone to
show up in access vlan.   Once CDP exchange is complete all other
traffic from the phone will be dot1q tagged to the voice vlan.  Last I
heard CDP should not be tagged.

if the switch does remove from access vlan there are special steps going
on to bypass (override?) the normal learning process.

/wes